Upgrade to the latest Google Analytics tag
Google have release a more dynamic tagging solution – enabling you to take your digital analytics to a whole new level. By updating your current Google Analytics tag (analytics.js) to the latest tag (gtag.js), will you have access to the new Analytics platform and also benefit from:
- Easier conversion tracking: The latest features and integrations make measuring conversions easier.
- Code-less tag management: The new features allow you to turn on and off features within your Google Analytics account without having to manually change tags on your page.
- Easier integration: The new tagging solution allows you to seamlessly implement and integrate with other Google products, such as Google Ads and Google Optimize.
To experience this new Analytics, you will need to upgrade to Google’s latest dynamic tagging solution.
Basic set up
- You will need to create a Google Analytics property for each website you want to collect data from.
Once you’ve created a property, this will generate a unique Tracking ID and a global site tag that includes the Tracking ID for that property.
- Copy and paste the global site tag after the opening
<head>tag on each page you want to measure.
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
NOTE: Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
NOTE: Your global site tag is displayed farther down the page in a text box under Website Tracking > Global Site Tag (gtag.js)